[Dailydrool] another Mt. Moment

Leslie bassetrescuemt at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 07:19:45 PST 2012

had to post to say that I also move from room to room and let the
doggies know I am going ......so they also can decide if they want to
follow...lol   and here I thought I was the only one who constantly on
every minute.... talks to the kids.   Living in the country....thank dog
I always lock my front door after an incident many years ago because I
can just imagine me telling the houndies......"ok, Off to the shower
now"  and have someone at the front door hear it.  Yikes.    The Bassets
Would prob. go lick em or wag their tails for a pet......?  who knows, I
know they would bark at anyone entering "their" house, but it was Argus,
My German Shepherd...loyal friend and protector that would of done
"something" in that scenario.  I knew his every /bark/growl.../I felt
safe.  So, I did enjoy reading that post this morning. Thankyou to
Katie, Lilie, and Daffodil for posting about our lives with Bassets.
WOW on all the cards coming with holiday/howliday greetings....TOO MUCH
FUN AND I MAKE A RITUAL  of opening dozens of cards coming daily.....I
sit on my couch with all the Bassets besides me...crammed in ..Hank and
Checkers love to smell each one before opening.....Dudley tries to get a
sniff also..and Lakota Sue....she just wants to be kept warm so she lays
right in front of my feet which are right in front of the propane
heater.   The office walls are cheerfully dripping with greetings and
its a site to behold waking up with my cup of coffee aND seeing all
those faces looking at me.!! WONDERFUL WARM FUZZIES.  Thankyou to each
and every one of you all for including me in the cards.  starting off a
holiday morning the right way.....seeing all my basset
friends....smoochie faces........sentimental greetings.....THANKYOU TO
EVERYONE.

I have a few boxes/items wrapped that came and I hope to on Christmas
Morning...start to open them.   I am not having any family here at all
for the holidays this year......so its just me and the Houndies.. lol
lol    I had a really negative visit with my daughter and her family
when I flew over to visit and also to take them to my very first
MICHIGAN WADDLE....The Waddle was my saving grace... I enjoyed it so so
much that i hope to return next year. Meeting all of you was my holiday
gift!!

--
Basset Rescue of Montana
Leslie Ames - President & Shelter Manager