[Dailydrool] Nigel at Night

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 04:31:54 PST 2012

Nigel has been waking up earlier and earlier and whining. Non-stop annoying
Basset whining.Nothing has helped.
I am getting less and less sleep, and I didn't get a lot to start with.
We were both getting edgy and snarky.
And then the other day I threw an old dog bed with bolsters into Nigel's
pen. It was too small but he immediately managed to heft his bulk into it
and go to sleep. Hmmmmm.
I'm old and slow, but not entirely stupid.
Yesterday Mr. Biskit bought Nigel a proper bed. Smaller than he could use
it is true, but a bed with sides and a thick bottom.
And for the second night in a row, Nigel hauled himself into a little ball
in the bed and went to sleep and did not move until 6 this morning which is
unprecedented.
The blankets in his pen  get rucked up during the night, and he may also
have been chilly. I had tried to provide enough padding to prevent that,
but in this house that's hard to do.
Maybe we have stumbled onto the Answer. Happy Howlidaze to all.
MomPerson to Nigel (Love my bed) Llewis (I sleep in a chair) Conley (what
wimps) Doc (what?what?)