[Dailydrool] Collars--The Rest of the Story

Jennifer Martin timandjenmartin at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 10:00:55 PST 2012

More on the story of "The Collars".  In case people were wondering, the
dogs were wearing Premier Martingale collars the day Browyn almost choked
Bugsey to death.  The way she twisted the collar, this would have happened
if they had been wearing flat buckle  collars as well.  I was really
fortunate because Browyn is only 33-36 pounds.  So, with all the adrenaline
pumping through my body I was able to pick her up with my left arm and get
the D-ring off her tooth with my right hand.  The good news was, Bugsey was
blinking his eyes and making quiet gagging noises when I got closer.  So as
soon as I got the twist out of his collar, he was able to breathe
again! The idiot was up and running around again while I was still on the
ground trying to recover!  Some how Bugsey seemed to know that Browyn
didn't mean to choke him on purpose, so he didn't subject her to being
dragged though the backyard.  LuLu may bop her siblings on the head, Bugsey
takes Browyn outside and drags her through the backyard on her back by her
back legs.

If Beauford decides that she has had enough and Bugsey won't quit, he bites
Bugsey on the neck.  He doesn't draw blood or anything.  It is just the
only way he can get Bugsey's attention.  At our house, Beauford is
definately top dog and no one disputes it.  Bugsey and Browyn are still
trying to decide who has the second spot.  Browyn says she should be next
because she is a Fairy Princess!  Bugsey says he shouldn't have to listen
to a thing she says as long as he has to bring in her royal subjects
(stuffies) and the brown truck hasn't come.  So, they are at a complete
impasse.  I try to stay out of it as much as possible, but Beauford feels
the need to keep order in the kingdom.  I just think it is hilarious that
when Browyn gets too full of herself (which happens a lot to Fairy
Princesses), Beauford and Bugsey move the dog bed out and put her on it to
discipline her.  No wonder she thinks she is a Fairy Princess.

As a side note, when I bent down to untangle my darlings, I heard about
three pops.  At the time there was absolutely no pain, so I didn't think
anything of it.  Later, I looked at my foot and it was terribly swollen and
bluish purple.  I tore all the ligaments out of my second toe and
completely dislocated it.  I was suposed to have surgery on it yesterday,
but the generator to the operating room was leaking fluid and smoking.  So,
I am now rescheduled for Friday to have that toe reconstructed and put back
in place and a neuroma that has been bugging me for two years cut out.

Jennifer, momslave to Beauford, Bugsey and Browyn the Fairy Princess