[Dailydrool] Maggie chewed up my employees' gift cards!!!

CANDY DUSEK lovebassets at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 18 11:12:42 PST 2012

You know, I wasn't going to write in about the shenanigans that my 13-year-old Maggie Mae has been up to, but this last one has me mortified.  Let me preface this by saying that a little over a week ago, I came home to find one of my small Christmas trees completely upended and my favorite ornaments broken and displayed all over the house.  Then to make matters worse, I super glued my fingers together and to one of the ornaments I was trying to fix!!  Words were flying. Yesterday my work place purchased $1200 dollars worth of gas gift cards for our employees.  I put them in sealed envelopes with Christmas cards and decided to keep them in my purse for safekeeping, as the Christmas party is tonight.  When I came out of the shower this morning, it occurred to me that I hadn't shut my office door.  I sneak out, look in the room and I see the first chewed up gift card!!!  Then Higgie comes bumbling in with another in his mouth (I know Maggie was the initial culprit!!).  I hurriedly searched my purse and discovered the remaining envelopes were safe, but I am not sure my heart was beating in its regular pattern!  I was so mortified when I arrived at work and handed over cash to one of our employees and explained he was getting cash instead of a gift card!   So, all in all, the most my out-of-pocket expense will be is $100, if you don't count the one gift card that was for me, but that is better than $1200!!  And . . . . I am hoping the gift cards I have now paid for will still be accepted at the gas station!?  Candy DusekMiss Maggie Mae (I ate two envelopes, two Christmas cards and two gift holders in their entirety!!  I'm still hungry!!)Mr. C. Higgins (I was an innocent bystander!  Maggie gave me the plastic gift card toy!)