[Dailydrool] A Trip to Walmart

Ammosby ammosby at aol.com
Tue Dec 18 10:42:08 PST 2012

Went to Walmart last night to get a few things...

Filled up my basket not with holiday goodies but with...

1) One bag of cat food
2) One bag of cat litter
3) One pack of Depends (for Baloo)
4) Box of allergy pills so I can live in said apartment with new-found kitties

All at a cost of almost $50.00

As I grumped my way out the store I ran headfirst into a high school acquaintance.  Now, she is one of those perfect Facebook people.  Perfect husband, perfect house, perfect kids, perfect job...even PERFECT COOKIES.   I would have been just as happy to avoid her...but...

She glanced into my basket ...."Oh" she said.

"Yep...."  as I tried to push past.

"I see you have cats."

"Duh..." I thought...But replied, "Sure do!"

"Ohh"...fake laugh "Guess you are allergic to them too."  "Double duh" I thought again...but said, "Yep didn't know until Lauren and I were totally attached.  One litle allergy pill a day does the trick though."

That left just the Depends.

Cricket....cricket....cricket.

"The Depends are actually for my dog.  My friend Shelley just recommended them to me."

"Your DOG???" she said in a horrified tone.  "OHMYGOSH if I ever had a dog that needed a diaper that would be the end of that dog forever."  And who is Shelley...did we know her from school?

"Nope..." I said..."I know her from the Daily Drool.  It's a site I'm on for Basset Hounds.  Folks share stories, ideas, suggestions...like the idea about the Depends.  I've made lifelong friends on the drool.  Guess what?  None of us are perfect but we all love each other and our hounds."

She looked at me in disbelief.

"And have you met this Shelley?" she asked.

"Sure haven't," I said..."She lives in New Jersey..." But guess what?  Bet if I needed something -- the DD folks would be there in a heartbeat and they have been!  I already got cards from all over the world and packages and even gifts this Christmas.  In fact one of my best friends is from Montana and I've never even MET her!!  I'm probably the luckiest person in the world to have found the Daily Drool!!

She stared at me as I walked out the door.  I was never so happy to have a cart full of animal stuff!

So thank you all for the Howliday cards, gifts, love and support you have given me over the past year.  Pretty sure my high school friend will avoid me next time she sees me though!

Anne-Marie, Baloo and Mowgli atb