[Dailydrool] Damn Beagles.....somewhat Basset related

Wendie Prince houndsabound at cfl.rr.com
Fri Dec 21 10:02:34 PST 2012

So, we finally put up a small fiber optic tree the other night.  My sister's
box of gifts had arrived and while neither of us are feeling in the spirit
of the season,  we needed the tree up, to help us get there.
We put out packages,  and did not think more about them.  Bear in mind these
are on a table, about 2 ft. off the ground....I know, well within height of
hounds.
Pat comes home yesterday and sends me a picture of one package
opened.....mint Chapstick.  Pat does mint,  she was not pleased.   The
Chapstick packages  themselves were still intact, so no real damage..a few
teeth marks.    I called my sister BEFORE I put anything out, asking if
there was anything edible in any of them,  she said no.  So I call her up
and send her the picture,  again I ask,  is there anything else edible in
there?   She said Chapstick is not edible.  I am raising my voice and let
her know we are not talking about me eating it..LMAO,  she knows hound dogs,
but apparently forgets the lengths their noses will go.  She rethinks and
says there is a package of Chapstick for me too.  Too late, Pat has left and
when she returned, yes,  mine was unwrapped, and only one lost both cap and
bottom...not sure if they will ever be found.  .
So, another phone call,  Mel says, no, that is it.  I think I am peaceful
about it, knowing there is no more edible gifts under the tree.

I come home last night to find Buddy Love finishing up a bag of specialty
macaroni.  But he just got the bag it seems, Esty, by the feel of her belly,
got the full 16oz of macaroni....it was  orange and green UM macaroni, for
Pat.  I call her up and ask one more time, and she says,  you cannot smell
that!  I say,  they can,  is there anything else?  and then I said never
mind, hung up and just went and picked up all the other packages and put
them in the spare room.

Beagle Esty, prompted a call to the vet for all the macaroni she ate.  No
need to make her vomit, try to inhibit water, and no feeding last night.
She was not happy, but she is down some in her belly today and acting
normal.
I need to train my sister better............  and the Bassets who I know
were sitting there laughing, knowing the Beagle was going to get in trouble.

Damn Beagles.

wen and the Bounders

 <http://www.seniorhoundsabound.org/> www.seniorhoundsabound.org    check us
out!