[Dailydrool] Christmas gripes!

dpmcquade at verizon.net dpmcquade at verizon.net
Tue Dec 25 12:27:12 PST 2012

So this is Christmas? Doesn't seem like much to me. The humans gave each other gifts, but did they give me a nice bone to chew on? No. No treats, no toys (well, I don't play with them anyway). This foster home is a bust, even though the she human is reported to make dog treats that are out of this world.

Not only that, I have spent most of the day in my crate. You'd think that on Christmas, they'd at least let me out for more than a few minutes while the humans did their gifting.

It is not fair!
Horton the Dashing Basset foster

[Mom explanation: Horton is a dear, sweet hound who is recovering from a broken leg after having an accident with a car. He has at least five more weeks of crate rest. The two times I briefly turned my back, he jumped up on the furniture, so he is not allowed out of the crate without strict supervision. He eyes the couch every time he's out, and I barely managed to keep him on the floor while we opened our gifts.

Poor Horton also went and got some serious tummy troubles. He's on metronidozole and lomotril. But he cannot have anything but his i/d food for the time being. So though we are very sorry he's not living it up this year, we are not giving in. He can be thankful that he's alive and did not rupture his bladder in the accident. We are certainly glad he's alive, since he's a beautiful fellow who will make someone a great hound in about 5-7 weeks. Meanwhile we are working on some fear issues with him, since he is understandably afraid of cars and trucks.

We wish everyone a wonderful Christmas and a great New Year!
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets and Horton]