[Dailydrool] Holiday Cards, Willy and New Years Eve Memorial

basset911 at aol.com basset911 at aol.com
Fri Dec 28 16:27:05 PST 2012

It's that time of the year for rescues all over the land are inundated with new cases, hoping to generate year end, last chance for tax deduction donations, and overall craziness.
Here at Daphneyland the Holidays have been a whirlwind as usual - from the daily routine of 66 basset hounds care and happiness, to the wonder of Drool cards from across the land - our Christmas eve ritual of toys for the hounds, and of course the little boy Willy that is our newest emergency case.
Willy, a 15 year old basset, was carried into the animal shelter by his "owner" as dead. Animal control discovered after necessary paperwork, that he was not in fact dead.
Yes, the case is being built and we can't talk about it anymore that that, but Willy weighed 24.6 lbs at his intake a week ago, and as of todays facebook video and photo digest, weighs 27.1  Willy is having the best holiday of his life I would guess.
When we went to our vet's office with Willy at both appointments. those wonderful Hero Cards were hanging everywhere. Both Doctors were so happy and showing them to me, and the staff was all smiles and so proud of those cards!  Thank you so much to everyone who sent cards to both us, as well as Roswinn!!  You truly have no idea how much they mean. Walking in with emergency vet care issues, it feels like all our friends are right there pulling for the hound!  AMAZING FEELING!!
Willy has an anonymous angel who is matching all donations rec'd thru 12/31/12 - so if you have been thinking of donating, now is a great time as your donation will be DOUBLED!!

As we head into New Years Eve, we have another tradition we do here at Daphneyland, and that is the memorial for our furbabies at the bridge.
This year we will gather at 8:30 for the human buffet, Willy's date for the evening is Synthia, and 26 candles will lead us into the running of the hounds and memorial ceremony where we call out the name of the bridge baby and ring the bells.
Following the ceremony we will wrangle the hounds, and all present will scent up the new blankets donated for the promise of a new home in the new year, and sing the hounds to sleep.
If you are coming to the ceremony this year, dress very warm and bring gloves!  It's been chilly!

If you have a loved one at the Bridge, that you would like us to include in the ringing of the bell - please email the name to me before 12:00 noon (PT) to Basset911 at aol.com

As the years go by, the love continues to flow - from all of us earthbound directly to the bridge.
2013 is fast approaching, it is our hope that this coming year will be one of happiness, health and well being across the land.
Much love to one and all...

For the Hounds of Daphneyland and beyond -

Dawn of the West
Basset Rescue Network at Daphneyland
www.daphneyland.com
www.facebook.com/daphneyland