[Dailydrool] Blankies

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Sat Dec 29 10:06:37 PST 2012

Hi everybody it's Gracie,

I have the best blankie in the whole wide world it is soft and it is warm and it
is so special it was made just for me.  Mommy doesn't have a clue, really she
doesn't, but she wants to be a good mommy she really does.  One time she posted
a picture of us on the web and asked if we were comfy and Menzie Campbell said
"where are their blankies?  their pillows??  For goodness sakes!!"  So Mommy dug
out some pillows and some old receiving blankets and we used those.  But those
are old, from when the girls were babies so mommy asked Auntie Wen from senior
hounds abound and Auntie Wen said "For goodness sakes ..... I'll ask Barb if she
has time to help you"  Poor Mommy, at least she asks for help.

Well, the blankies came.  Auntie Barb KNOWS hounds.  She made me a patchwork
fleece blankie and she sewed it to a solid piece of fleece for backing and it is
the warmest thing in the whole world.  Softest too.  She made a different one
for LuLu and another different one for Snoopy.  We lay down and mommy covered us
up and we went to sleep and mommy had to pull them off to get us to get up for
dinner.  After dinner we lay back down and she covered us back up and we came to
bed at ..... breakfast time.  Yup, we slept the whole night in the living room
under our brand new blankies that Auntie Barb made because Auntie Wen took pity
on us and our poor mommy who means well but doesn't have a clue.  If you can
believe it mommy was worried when she unpacked them because they are two layers
and she thought it could be too warm.  HELLO we are HOUND DOGS here!!!

For goodness sakes indeed!!!

More later from Gracie who loves her new blankie
with Snoopy (thank you SO MUCH Auntie Wen and Auntie Barb)
and LuLu (thank you thank you thank you thank you snore .................)