[Dailydrool] Howliday cards

dpmcquade at verizon.net dpmcquade at verizon.net
Tue Dec 18 15:46:26 PST 2012

The Dashing Basset howliday cards are almost ready to be sent. They just need to have their stamps carefully placed in one corner, and about 60 of our long list are already done.

Someone who sent us a card commented on the Any Basset at the end of the first line of our address, so I have to explain. In years past, we?ve often fostered seniors, who tend to stay with you for the whole season. But lately we?ve had slightly younger dogs, and with the interest in bassets that Tri-State has experienced, the hounds are flying off to new homes very quickly. When I filled out my form, I knew Josie would not be with us by Christmas. So I put Any Basset, knowing we?d have some foster when the holiday came.

Josie got adopted December 1. Hurrah, her new people adore her. So we took Baby in. She got adopted last week, yay! If she?s not thoroughly spoiled by now, I?d be surprised. So today we took in Horton, who had an unhappy meeting with a car and broke his leg. Since we have a ramp, we seemed a good foster home for him. Though he is younger than the dogs we usually take, I also take in special-care dogs of almost any age. Horton will be resting in the crate for something like six weeks and maybe more, so it looks as if we will have him through the holidays.

All the hounds have loved getting the cards. Thanks to everyone who has brightened the life of a foster by sending a card. Maybe your card even helped Josie and Baby find wonderful homes by keeping their spirits up while they waited.

And until we get our cards out the door, may your howlidays be the best ever.
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets