[Dailydrool] Need help

Esther Strom esthermstrom at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 14:22:36 PST 2012

Yes, Laura - the blue treatment can absolutely be used on hotspots. You'll
want to carefully shave the area before using it to expose the skin. Then
dab it on with a rag or paintbrush (in my experience, cotton leaves too
much fuzz behind) and let it dry. Apply every day, and the spots will dry
up pretty quickly. Just be aware - the gentian violet stains EVERYTHING. So
if the new wife is worried about the new carpet, don't apply the stuff
where the new carpet is, and wait for it to dry before allowing the dog
near anything.

-Esther, Basil, and Waldo ATB (who had hotspots aplenty)