[Dailydrool] Snoopy checking in

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 1 10:17:19 PST 2012

Hi all, it's Snoopy here,

Lots of excitement around our house ..... Thor is going home to his forever
family tomorrow!  Yes he is and he is going to have TRAINED slaves.  Seriously,
this boy is getting houndie parents who have had hounds for more than a decade.
Really.  He has been here 3 weeks and he has tried, really tried, to help
train momPerson, but, as we all know, she's clueless.  Poor momPerson.  I love
her anyway .... but she really is.

So this morning momPerson announces that because Thor is going home tomorrow we
are doing ears and baths on Wednesday instead of Friday.  Well, after a year of
this I trot over and momPerson does my ears.  And then she had to chase Thor all
over the yard and catch him and hold him down to do his ears .... yes she did
.... he is not so resigned to a clueless momPerson .... but she is stubborn ....
more stubborn even than a basset ... yes she is ... so he got his ears done
too.  And then, baths.  Well for me .... it is possible I have been living with
a labrador too long .... I ... um .... I like my bath.  It's a walk in shower,
ok?  And it's all glass so I can see and the water is warm and it's pretty in
there and momPerson gives me a massage and I don't itch after I'm done so ...
after my ears I charge to the bathroom and wait at the shower door and when
momPerson opens it up and LEAP in and she comes in too and we do my bath.
Little Thor hasn't lived with a labrador near long enough.  She had to catch
him.  She had to DRAG him in there.  Once he was in there and the door was shut
he was fine .... it feels good ... it really does .... Thor says it's the
principle of the thing.

So, Thor and I are clean and fluffy.  Don't tell Roland or Bo OK, I could get in
trouble here.  I am all curled up contentedly on the couch behind momPerson in
the officed and Thor has gone into hiding .... either with dadPerson or with
Cyrus .... Thor is afraid to be alone, he always MUST be with someone, if he
finds himself completely alone, even for a second, he ahroooos and sobs until a
dog or a person comes and finds him and hugs and/or kisses him.

OK, here comes Thor, gotta go and play alligator mouth.

More later from Snoopy