[Dailydrool] dog food?

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 2 14:25:06 PST 2012

Hi all, clueless momPerson here,

Here it comes, what do I do?  Snoopy is allergic to chicken.  Cyrus has always
eaten science diet lamb and rice so we feed that to Snoopy too and they have
both thrived on it, healthy, great coats all good but now ....

Cyrus turns 8 this month and Snoopy turns 7 in June.  Cyrus was asked to loose 1
lb this last checkup due to his becoming senior.  And Snoopy needs to loose a
few too.  So, I looked at the food and science diet only makes lamb and rice
large breed (for ages 1-5) and regular (for ages 1-6).  Every one of their
*mature* dog foods has chicken.  They have canned beef for mature dogs ... which
I mix in sometimes when I'm feeling like giving them something special, but I
think it's too rich for every day.  I gave Snoopy half a can with kibble for his
gotcha day and he got some pretty severe gas and scared the bleep out of me, not
doing that again.

So, I would like a kibble.  I would like lamb and rice if I can get it.  And ...
I'd like it for older dogs.

Any ideas?  Feel free to write me off list if you are afraid of setting off the
dreaded food wars.

Thx,
Dale .... aka the clueless momPerson
with Snoopy and Cyrus who are fast asleep and may stay that way for a week now
that Thor the houseguest has gone home.