[Dailydrool] Trembling dog

Pamela McQuade bassetizedslave at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 3 14:42:19 PST 2012

Trembling or shivering can mean a number of things, including that a dog is in pain. Of course an infection that causes a high temperature could probably cause it too. If you've had a high temperature when you've have a serious cold, you've probably felt shivery. And once, I started shivering when I had an infection from a dog bite. Anyway, trembling is a symptom, not a diagnosis, which to me means a vet visit, if it doesn't stop quickly. I'm glad you've taken your hound to the vet, Jax, and that you are staying on top of this.

All that being said, when Dexter first came to us, skinny and nervous, he shivered quite a lot. Before I took him to the vet, I tried putting a sweater on him, and it worked. Since then, whenever he goes out in the wind or cold, he shivers. Seems he has a very light coat with no underfluffies. As soon as he's warm, he stops shaking. That's why I'm making a coat for him that's almost finished. I will share pictures shortly.
Pam