[Dailydrool] Cowboy's Ear - abcess?

kacy green greenlikethecolor at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 15:33:01 PST 2012

On the inside of Cowboy's earflap is a fluid-filled bubble. There is
no outer mark to indicate a sore, bite or anything, but it is
obviously filled with fluid and has increased in size over the past 2
weeks that I've been "keeping an eye on it". It's oval shaped, but I
say about the size of a flattened penny. Just with the naked eye there
is really nothing to notice, but its when we rub his ears that we can
feel it obviously there. Plus he flinches when we touch it, so I know
it is something abnormal.

I scheduled a vet appt but cannot get him in until next Saturday - a
week away. I am hopeful that it doesn't pop before then as it seems
very juicy. He's acting fine but doesn't like it to be touched.

Any ideas of 1. what it is, and 2. if there is something I can do to
help drain it....maybe a warm compress or something?

Thanks in advance,
Kacy with Cowboy and Rupert