[Dailydrool] bladder infection - any tips?

Karrie Kuecker wandereroftheworld at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 23:52:06 PST 2012

Hello wise Droolers, I'm wondering if anyone in Drool land has had
experience w/a houndette with a bladder infection. My mom called to tell me
that my 'little sister' aka their little bagel girl Domino, had to report
that she was sick & had a bladder infection, but was sad because she was a
good girl & didn't know why she was sick & she hurt. :( Poor thing, sounds
like she was positively miserable, mom said that she was having was acting
a bit off, and wound up actually piddling on the floor in front of the
door.
Needless to say, my parents took her to see the 'nice vet.' Not that their
normal vet isn't nice, but this one didn't give her a shot in the butt,
which according to mom means that Domino doesn't just like her, but LOVES
her! hehe

The vetlady gave her like 84 pills (4x a day x 3 weeks) and that should
help. Mom said that after being on the pills for just one day, the poor
little bugger is already acting much more normal! Does anyone know of any
natural remedies to help w/bladder infections? I know in humans they
usually suggest cranberry juice, and my parents have given cranberry (both
extract & the pills opened up & sprinkled over food). Is that the best
holistic support for bladder infections? Is there some sort of natural
remedy that'll help her clean everything out & boost her immunity & ability
to fight off the nasty bladder infection? I figured that if anyone knew, it
would be some wise droolers!

Also, if there's a bit of drool to spare, the MI crew here could use a bit.
They've had some odd digestive issues, and some unplesentness occurring out
in the grass... We could definitely use some 'digest everything right'
drool! They of course will still keep flinging their drool strings to all
those who need it!

--
-Karrie, momma to Joey & Emma, with Slater (ATB), Aunty to Checkers, Domino
(the sick) :( & Crispin (wb)

Joey's dogster page: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/637473