[Dailydrool] bladder infection - any tips?

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Sat Feb 4 13:23:31 PST 2012

I had a lab which had a predisposition to bladder infections.  One thing we did
when she had one (and we always knew, she'd have accidents ONLY when she had
one) was make sure her water was changed every time we thought of it.  It just
seemed to us that clean, clear water was better than hour old water.  Another
benefit is that sweet Maggie .... like a lot of dogs .... always took a sip or
two as a matter of principle when a fresh bowl of water went down.  So, by
changing her water constantly she was drinking more frequently than she would
have otherwise, and we believe that helped flush out the infection .... in
combination with the medication from the vet, of course.

I know that when humans have a bladder infection they do recommend drinking lots
of water.

Hope the little girl feels better soon.

--Dale