[Dailydrool] Raymond

Beryl Silberg berylrich2001 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 6 07:36:28 PST 2012

Hi, Droolers!  It hasn't been a good week around here!  We've taken Raymond to a wonderful vet in Ottawa, KS, Dr. Lancaster, and he gave Raymond a checkup and his views concurred with the other 2 vets we previously visited.  His "mass" in his rectum is too large to deal with - it has obviously spread to other areas, and his prognosis is not good, perhaps 2-3 months.  He was willing to recommend a surgeon to us, or an oncologist who could possibly administer chemo & radiation, but those would only prolong his life by perhaps a few months, if that.  Anyway, when all was said and done, we've just decided to follow his advice and let him enjoy the days he has left.  We're heart-broken, as our Raymond has been an outstanding companion.  Not to mention a most beautiful basset, with all the basset accoutrements.  I can't even imagine life without him now.  Thanks to Mid America Basset rescue (Kim Dunn) for getting us together with Raymond 6 years ago
 when he was 4 yrs old.  It's been a great 6 years with him.  I've appreciated the help of Glenda who has been very understanding through our ordeal - and we hope to stay in touch with her.  Just wanted my DD friends to know about Raymond's condition.
                         Beryl & Raymond