[Dailydrool] Good responses

Riche Churchill buglr at blomand.net
Wed Feb 8 19:29:20 PST 2012

Am grateful to those who admitted they also have noticed a drop in
be." AND I sympathize with anyone who has been flamed -- fortunately, so
far I never have been, but am sure it would make me extremely gun-shy,
too, not to mention furious, embarrassed and extremely frustrated. I
would also very quickly complain to the moderators! (I also know some
people are able to hide their email identity -- but I also have hacker
friends who can find you -- so beware!)

I strongly urge everyone to return to the good ol' days and help your
fellow Basset (and notabasset) lovers everywhere. Maybe it's only
something as mundane as to which vacuum cleaner is best, or maybe it's
something people *should hear* such as the fact (FACT) that Frontline no
longer works in many areas. It still may work in some areas, for who
knows what reason, but by and large NO. Maybe it will again in the
future -- perhaps the company will fiddle with ingredients; maybe the
fleas will re-mutate and once again be susceptible to it -- but for now,
it doesn't work. It just isn't right to not share this information with
your fellows. And it isn't right not to share tips that, "in your
opinion," worked for you in other matters. It seems to me that most
people give an opinion or share their experience with health matters and
then mostly always say, "Take your dog to your vet!" -- assuming you
haven't already done so.

To close, let me give you a tiny example. Some people have recommended
pumpkin to help with anal gland problems. Well, I tried it but my dogs
won't touch the stuff. Then I saw a little magazine article suggesting
All-Bran cereal. I tried that, and so far it seems to be working. If it
turns out not to be a total success in the long run, oh well. I'm not
going to sue the magazine.

Love to all who deserve it,
Riche