[Dailydrool] rat proofing

Wendie Prince houndsabound at cfl.rr.com
Thu Feb 9 04:03:23 PST 2012

Hi all,

I realize people make posts basset related in slim manners,

But I do see rat proofing as basset related.

As much as we work hard to avoid it,  we have had hounds get into the
traditional rat bait,  so vet or ER vet visits were needed to give the shot
to prevent any damage.  I think it was a huge dose of potassium they give,
but not sure.

I would say, I have had 3 hounds in for this,  and not always have they
gotten into poisons at my house, under my control.  Would love to share
Dale's idea with my neighbors too as they have dogs and cats.

We also have had a hounds ingest a rat who, you could visibly see it was
sick and presumed to have eaten rat poison.

So any way to get rid of these things would be great benefit to us.  We have
fruit rats here in FL and when fruit is on the trees, they are plenty.

So, I would ask Dale to share this,   as it would truly benefit a hound if
it keeps poison out of the picture.

wen and the Bounders

 <http://www.seniorhoundsabound.org/> www.seniorhoundsabound.org    check us
out!