[Dailydrool] Basset (and kid) friendly rodent control

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 9 07:24:19 PST 2012

Hi all, it's Dale here,

I've had I don't know how many people ask me to post this.  Wendie asked me for
it privately and then she asked me to post it.

Here's the message I sent.  This has worked not only for us but for most of our
neighbors at this point as well.  I left out a couple of tips, those being:

1)  bait the traps with walnuts, works better than peanut butter and really easy
to get on there
2)  it's a myth that there is a swarm of rodents if they are on the inside.  If
they are in the building there will be a mating pair which protect their turf,
and possibly young ... but only two adults.
3)  For the vents under the house what we did is buy steel loovers that go OVER
the screen the rodents have compromised and screw on with a screw on each
corner.  They cost 99 cents and have worked all these years.
4)  For the attic vents (yes there are there too) I used caulk to reattach the
screens to the frames as removing and replacing those can be difficult.  As
stated before..... it's cheap and it's permanent and it works!

Good luck,
Dale