[Dailydrool] Seeking advice on Cushing's

Pamela McQuade bassetizedslave at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 9 05:49:51 PST 2012

Earlier this week I took our permanent foster, Holly, to Tri-State's vets for an ultrasound  because we had yet to figure out why she peed floods every time we took her out and sometimes had accidents. We'd had a couple of low-dose dex tests, since the first vet who saw her thought it was Cushing's disease. They came up borderline or negative. According to the ultrasound, Holly does have Cushing's in her future, though she's not really Cushingoid at this point.

Do any Droolers have advice on dealing with Cushing's? I've looked online and pretty much gotten confused, so I'm coming to the Drool for information about what to expect and what you have found helpful. I know it's not an easy disease to deal with.
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets