[Dailydrool] Q&As

Sally King sally.king at nqe.com
Thu Feb 9 08:56:08 PST 2012

I joined the Drool a few days after Rolph joined me. As a  basset newbie, who had owned plenty of other dogs, like a Clueless momperson I found myself somewhat taken aback by the behaviour of my new addition.

If it hadn't been for Droolers, with all the advice and reassurance they offered, I have often wondered if things would have worked out differently for us.

As it was, people were fantastic and generous with their knowledge. On top of that I learnt a huge amount just by reading the daily questions, answers and funny stories.

A year or so after becoming an active participant I was flamed (off list). I felt the person had misunderstood what I had said, but it didn't stop me feeling bad and it did stop me posting as often as I had. Since then I have been flamed twice more. However, I still found the Drool family very helpful and free with advice - some of which I chose to follow, some of which I did not.

Roll on another couple of years and I have been really saddened by the lack of response to questions, both on and off list. In fact, the last few times I have asked for ideas, I have only  had one or two people reply. On a couple of occasions nobody responded at all. Daft as it sounds, I felt quite hurt by that.

And I have tried to look things up in the archive, but have had  very mixed results.

I know a lot of people have moved onto Facebook, but as someone else said, not everyone likes or wants to use that platform.

I still love the Drool, but I would love it even more if it went back to the happy, sharing informative place it was five years ago.

Sally, with Pw Rolph OEBE and Clara, UK