[Dailydrool] Young basset can't play

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 9 08:57:50 PST 2012

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

We just went through that with Thor.   It was So tough.   There were a couple of things that made him happy do I will share.  Mostly they dont last longer than 20 minutes but twenty minutes of happy basset is a lot to me when confronted with a miserable basset

1. Open up the door of the crate and lay in there with head and shoulders so you can rub and cuddle the sweet baby.  They don't want to be in there but somehow the fact that you are too makes it better

2.  A kong.  Vary the filling. They make kong filling and you can use cheese wiz or peanut butter.   A good 20 minutes of happy basset

3.  A very small bedroom.   Place unhappy basset on bed and small human (if you have one.  Mine is 12) on same bed.  Larger human could work.  Close door.  Works for hours.  I was So tempted to let Natalie stay home from school.  Say.  ... You are close enough I could probably drop Natalie off after school!

Good luck
Dale

Sent from my iPhone