[Dailydrool] DD and Nigel

Janice Colvin jhenrycolvin75 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 10:32:58 PST 2012

I usually post privately to people who have lost a basset.  I think that
different people prefer different ways of interacting.  When I have
received condolence emails, some of them were direct posts to the DD and
some were sent directly to me.  I found it easier to keep the individual
emails, but all of them were wonderful and appreciated.

Sorry I don't respond to questions very often, at least basset health
questions, or training questions. I feel that there are many people on the
Drool who are much more qualified than I am to respond to these questions.
 My response to medical questions would be, most of the time, "ask your
vet" or "take your dog to the vet."  I don't like to take chances with my
dogs.  Sometimes waiting 24 or 48 hours until DD people have responded to
questions might be the difference between a good outcome for the dog and a
very bad outcome. However, many people need support in making the decision
to take the dog to a veterinary clinic.

That said, I can just picture Nigel running through the night, Momperson
following like she is pushing a wheelbarrow.  Nigel must feel pretty good
now, and I'm cheered by that.  Best wishes to Nigel, who is a very
inspirational dude!

Janice

--
Janice Henry Colvin