[Dailydrool] Mary Lee's dog bed

Tim Mayer tcm541 at embarqmail.com
Thu Feb 9 20:07:30 PST 2012

Hey there, Mary Lee, I thought I was the only one using the old comforters
for dog beds! I have old blankets & comforters folded up neatly on the floor
in several favorite places. But they don't stay folded long - remember my
video of Leia ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tX69fRubfy8 - I'm always
shaking them out and folding them back up nice for the girls.

As for pillows, I have three old dog bed pillows from our local Grange
Co-op. I fix 'em up when needed. Yes, I'm a guy, but I do know my way around
a sewing machine <grin>! The reason I keep the pillows in the main sleeping
area is because they're filled with cedar shavings. I've gone 7 or 8 years
without having to treat my babies for fleas. Every few months I unzip the
outside of the pillow, and pull out the stuffed inner pillow. That unzips
too. So I unzip that and dump the tired old shavings, and refill it, and put
things back together.

As for the many posts about people not replying to the Drool list, I agree
with the general feeling most are sharing: if you have a suggestion or
comment about something that someone has posted, please share. All of us
should understand that the group is (mostly) not professionals and any
advice offered needs to be taken as such - mostly life experience. But it
can be extremely valuable. It should never be flamed or ridiculed.

That life experience literally saved Maggie's life. When Maggie had a
serious bloat episode, it was remembering reading about other Drooler's
descriptions of bloat that came to mind. Sure, it had been discussed before
that. And it's been discussed since. Repetition isn't such a bad thing after
all. If I'd only read about it once, I probably wouldn't have remembered it.

For that reason (and others) I've learned to not fret over the many times
the topic of vacuum cleaners comes up. Or whatever the current repeated
topic is. Guess what? It's not worth getting worked up about - if I don't
want to read that post, I just scroll past it to the next message. There's
no reason to jump on the keyboard and complain.

'Nuff said. Post on, people, post on!

Tim
Maggie d'Earest & Leia Round

-----------------
> Message: 13
> Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 16:24:28 -0600
> From: Mary Lee Trnka <mltrnka at hotmail.com>
> To: <dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org>
> Subject: [Dailydrool] Dog Beds
>

> I knnow I've posted this before, but it's been a while.  We stopped buying
dog beds years ago.  Instead we get > old comforters/sleeping bags from
garage sales or thrift stores.  They are completely washable (not just the
> cover part).  And when they wear out, we just toss them out.  We fold them
over several times to make a small > rectangle.  Even the cats like them!
Mary Lee