[Dailydrool] I Second Riche

Sally Russell sally at slokr.com
Thu Feb 9 20:09:18 PST 2012

I have been a member of the Drool for many years and always appreciate
information I receive:  It's  valuable even if conflicting sometimes.
 Perhaps the most memorable was when our Pixel was just a puppy (she is now
11) and our vet found a piece of of lead in her stomach.  We took her in
because she had a loss of appetite.  Our vet and we puzzled as to where she
could have gotten this lead.  I went to the Drool and in five minutes (no
kidding), someone said look at the bottom of your curtains.  Exactly right!

As a puppy she had chewed the bottom of the curtain and the lead weight she
swallowed had plastic coating.  It took months for the plastic to wear down
and then she began to get lead poisoning.  We had never realized that one
torn spot had held a lead weight thinking they didn't even use lead in
curtains anymore.  We took the curtains down immediately.

This is just one of the many pieces of learning we have gotten over the
years.

Go Droolers!  You are a great group!

Sally Russell