[Dailydrool] Puppy mill/show dog breeders

Nancy Schaefer jonquil at attglobal.net
Fri Feb 10 07:33:20 PST 2012

Re: puppy mill/show dog breeders:  Though I don't doubt that this could be
true, it seems a bit harsh to me to label any breeder of show quality dogs
as a "puppy mill. "  As a person looking to find a responsibly bred basset
for a companion pet,, how am I supposed to know who is a "good" breeder vs.
who might be breeding too many litters of pups?  Is going by the
recommendation of the BHCA, or one's regional Basset Hound Club enough?

Nancy, mom to Toby atb, Hadley atb, and Casey atb