[Dailydrool] Great Minneapolis/St. Paul Basset Hound Club

Barbara Sorensen b.a.sorensen at att.net
Fri Feb 10 16:30:46 PST 2012

Greater Minneapolis/St. Paul Basset Hound Club

I've been sadly remiss in getting this on the Drool.

Valentine Party-Sunday February 12 1-3 pm

You and your hounds are invited to our Valentine’s Day Party!  We are excited to
have a new site for the party.  We will be at The Ruff House Canine Social
Club.  The Ruff House is an indoor dog park and has plenty of room for our
bassets to play.   Our members who live west and south will be happy to hear
that we have found a site closer to them.  We’ll have playtime for the bassets
and snacks and socializing for the humans.  It’s a good chance for the hounds to
run off some of that energy.  We’ll also update you on plans for the Specialty,
a March or April meeting and BBR’s Spring into Summer.
We will have a special memory table at the party to honor our hounds (and
others) who have gone to the Bridge.  Bring a picture of those you wish to
honor.
As part of our festivities, we will have a very special Woofle.  This Woofle is
to help offset the expenses of our Specialty Show in June.  Our raffle committee
has found some really good prizes-most basset themed, some not.  There will be a
beautiful quilt, a hand-crocheted throw, a gorgeous basset sweater and more.   A
few of the items will have been offered to the basset world on-line, but most of
them will only be offered at the party.
Also, if all goes well, we will have samples of our new club t-shirts!   The
shirts will have our familiar logo on the front and the new one of the tracking
basset on the back.  We have also opened a Café Press on-line store, so the
logos will be available on other items.
Bring a snack to share if you would like.  Beverages are always welcome.
Directions to The Ruff House-6879 Washington Ave., Edina, MN
From 169, take the Valley View Road exit West.  Go North on Washington Ave.
VERY IMPORTANT:  You MUST bring proof of current rabies, distemper and
bordatella vaccinations with you.  The Ruff House wishes to protect all its
canine clients, including us.   The Ruff House also requires that we sign a
liability release form.  This is the same type of release that we require for
Basset Jam.
If you have any questions, please contact Barb Sorensen  b.a.sorensen at att.net
Barb, mom to Copper, Wilbur, Duncan and Buddy the not-a-basset with Max and
Gretta (ATB)