[Dailydrool] UTI's

melissa fenchel mibassetrescue at att.net
Sat Feb 11 16:54:45 PST 2012

Our Elwood had constant UTI'S as a youngster. He would go on antibiotics and
then after finishing them, the infection would come right back. This went on
and on....until I switched vets and the new one found that Elwood's PH in
his urine was abnormal. So he started him on Methioform Chewables (very
inexpensive pills). He must take one of these every morning for the rest of
his life. This happened when he was approximately 18 months old. He is now
TEN and has NEVER had another episode (Except the time I thought maybe he
could do without this medication and he instantly got a UTI). So if you are
having recurring UTI'S with your bassets, ask your vet about PH testing and
Methioform Chewables.

Melissa

Michigan Basset Rescue
100% Recycled Bassets