[Dailydrool] Dexter's home!

Pamela McQuade bassetizedslave at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 12 17:51:34 PST 2012

C. Dexter Haven is home, basking on his couch again. He happily greeted us when we picked him up, but when I put his brand-new dog coat on him, because it's cold out today, he acted as if he hated it. All the way home he stood in the backseat, protesting, "Mom, why'd you put this thing on me? I look like a dork!" I figured that eventually he'd lie down, but for the whole half hour he stood. Maybe he thinks he can't lie down in it?

Dexter's eye pressure is good again, and so is his vision. If we didn't already have dibs on him, for adoption, I think the vet might have been tempted to take him (he told me he comes from Illinois and misses all hounds out there). But he was happy that we plan on adopting this sweet little fellow. >From the way Dex greeted us, I think he could tell Dex has found his forever home.

Once home, Dex immediately went into our bedroom and slept on Jane's bed there. I think he spent so much time charming the staff that he seriously needed to catch up on his beauty sleep and didn't want to be disturbed. He woke up for dinner and reclaimed his spot on the couch. He's home and happy.

Thanks for all the drool. I'm sure that's helped make his recovery so good. But whenever your hounds have some spare drool, send it Dex's way, so he keeps his vision as long as possible.
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets