[Dailydrool] Emma in for surgery!

Karrie Kuecker wandereroftheworld at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 09:03:38 PST 2012

My Emma Dog is at the vetspital... Saw what the vet & I thought was an
inflammed nipple about a week ago on her belly, then last night it broke
open & was bleeding all over! I managed to get it to stop, patched her up &
took her in this morning. It turns out that it was actually a tumor on her
tummy, right next to her nipple. She should be having surgery either this
afternoon (hopefully!) or tomorrow morning. I told the vetman that if it's
not today, I was going to pick her up & bring her home tonight so that she
can have her blankey & a soft bed, and not sleep in a cage all night. Don't
get me wrong, the vet techs at the clinic LOVE her! They have asked many
times to keep her for the day to do a test/etc. while I was at work,
instead of doing it right away, and I'm usually informed that there were
bellyrubs & treats were lavished on her while I was gone, so I trust them
w/her overnight, but I still figure that it'll be more comfortable for her
to be home for the night.

Has anyone in drool land experienced something like this before? I'm not
sure how long the thing has been on her tummy, I just noticed it last week,
when it looked a bit inflammed... It's not huge, about the size of her
nipples, so maybe it's a skin tick that's infected or something. But still,
I worry, since it's a 'tumor' and it shouldn't be on my sassy little momma
dog!

--
-Karrie, momma to Joey & Emma, with Slater (ATB), Aunty to Checkers, Domino
& Crispin (wb)

Joey's dogster page: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/637473