[Dailydrool] Basset Puppies

Marie Campbell moonlitlily1212 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 14 18:01:39 PST 2012

Hi Listers,
    I have three rescue basset adults and I adopted them all as adults here in sunny Florida.  Interestingly, I was the president of the Pasco Florida Kennel Club for two years and helped run the largest all breed dog show in the nation--the BIG Florida Classic Cluster in Brooksville where the waddle is being held this weekend.   I have been in Newfs for 16 years.  And through all this, I have never seen a Basset Hound puppy in person!!!!  Can you believe it?  My dream is to own a sweet, wonderful puppy and I am happy to wait for the right breeder and the right puppy but I have to tell you that this list has really made me basset crazy or crazier!!!!  I would love any color basset puppy and I have two tricolored bassets and one lemon and white.  Is there a preferred color in bassets and is it wrong to want either a red and white puppy or a lemon and white puppy?  I love them all but I really love those two colors.
    I would love to hear the listers opinions on this.
    Thank you,
    Marie Campbell
Man Plans ~ God Laughs