[Dailydrool] Penny Lane

cathy brown idigdoxies at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 15 21:10:56 PST 2012

Been thinking about Penny Lane's preference for carpet over grass for her potty breaks.  I'm betting that mommy and daddy have already tried everything but here are my thoughts:
Since Penny was in a puppy mill cage maybe it had a small piece of carpet in it and she associates carpet with where to go.  So maybe you could get an old piece of carpet and put it outside for starters.  Or you could be sure she is right where the other dogs like to go and can watch them do it.  Or you could tie Penny to your belt and not let her too far out of your site and pick her up and put her on the grass as soon as she squats (though your arm will probably get wet).  And if the weather is nice (does that happen in WA in February?) you could leave her in the back yard for several hours until she goes, although I know she holds it until she gets inside (little stinker-sweetie pie).   I'm not sure that any of these ideas will work.  Is it possible to gate her on linoleum?
P.S. Sometimes my computer adds a lot of question marks, don't know why, and sorry if it happens this time. - Cathy with Lucy Lou and da Fritz