[Dailydrool] run away Snoopy, basset puppies, Westminster & Pedigree, Conrad's road trip, Basset rescues

mr knoll rescuebassetmolly at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 15 21:34:20 PST 2012

I had to laugh and cry when I read the story of Snoopy's disappearance. My boy, Sherlock,
way back in 1981, pulled a disappearing act on me. Our front yard was not fenced, I had brought groceries
in the front door, not noticing it had not latched, had to use the "bif'. when I came out Sherlock, only a year
old was NO where to be found. Out the door I ran, calling, whistling, then crying, it was on getting dark. I was scared
to death that I was never going to find him. As I am walking the neighborhood, searching and calling for him, I hear
his very low 'aaaarrroooo, I think I saw a putty tat" coming from far away. It ended up that the little S*** had managed to travel
about a half mile in 30 minutes. When he saw me, he ran back and forth between me and the spot where the cat had run.
He was so proud to have trapped the cat. In the hurry to find him, I forgot a leash. I carried his 40 + pounds home, crying and laughing
all the way.
Basset pups, I can remember the many times. that Sherlock, and later Chance would run and flip head over tail from stepping one
their ears. Quite a sight. Molly bob, almost 8, sometimes still steps on her ears when she is intent on a scent.
I am planning to send David Frei,  and Westminster a letter about how disappointed and upset I am over the changes. I Like Marie's? letter.
I am also going to send a letter to Pedigree, supporting them.
Ann, I am so delighted to hear that Conrad is enjoying time with dad in a Road trip. He deserves to get out and about once in
awhile too. Take time and get your back feeling better. I am sure that you miss him/.
I was reading Marie Campbell's letter about the rescue's and about the Newfie. I was crying my eyes out to think that some SOB
could harm a dog like that. I know that it happens, but when one reads about it, it hurts deeply.
I commend and am very proud to know in any way shape or form, any and all rescue folks. Those of you out there that take in
the hounds that have been neglected, abused. Blessed Be,
In reading about the senior, I have a friend that adopted a 14 year old basset from our local shelter. she had spent the last 6 years
of her life, bannished to the garage. All the kids had left home and no one had time for her. When Emily got her home. Babe, just sat
in the middle of the living room and cried. Em, got on the floor with her and Babe climbed in her lap and just showered her with kisses.
In her excitement, she peed all over Em, Babe stopped, and started to cry. Em said, I jut gave her a hug and kiss on the nose. Then
 Babe knew that all was well, that was almost two years ago. Babe is going strong, a little week in her back but she has never peed in
the house since,
Leslie, from MT basset rescue, remember the little basset, that I brought down from kalispell, that was in full heat. the owners had
bought her and flew her out to Montana from Massachusetts for the daughter for Christmas. in the spring, the girl did not have
time for her, so she was tied in the back, back yard. Then, the dog had the audacity to come into heat, and all the neighbor dogs
were coming to visit. So they hauled her off to the Animal Shelter. She got lucky and was rescued, and if I recall went to a great home in Canada.
Sorry this is long.
Martha and Molly Bob
Sherlock, Chance and Rex all ATB