[Dailydrool] Rolph's gotcha day

Sally King sallyemking at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Feb 16 06:25:52 PST 2012

He's handsome, charming, funny and furry. And today is Rolph's fifth gotcha day.

It's hard to explain what this naughty, challenging but loveable boy has brought to the family - apart from much quicker reation times around food.

If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't be a member of the Drool, my local basset hound club, or the national basset hound club. I wouldn't be a contact for Basset Hound Welfare (the rescue group for the UK) and I wouldn't have Clara.

I would never have been to a dog show, never camped beside an airport runway in Birmingham to attend a basset weekend and never met a number of people I now consider firm friends.

So, to paraphrase, ask not what you can do for a rescue dog, but what he might do for you!

I know I'm preaching to the choir on this list, but no dog could be a better example of why you should take home the little dog no one else wants from the pound.

Sally, with pw Rolph OEBE and Clara, UK