[Dailydrool] Lemon and whites (and ear troubles too)

Pamela McQuade bassetizedslave at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 16 06:24:42 PST 2012

Ann wrote: "I may get flamed for this, but my
experience has been that lemon and whites
all have had
behavorial problems and the most expensive medical
problems
as well."

I can't speak for anyone else, but our Alexis, who was a lemon and white, was just the sweetest hound in the world. Not a behavioral problem with her, except when her ears were so painful, before the TECA. And that stopped when her ears no longer hurt.

Today, Lex's ear problems would be more treatable. Holly also had a pseudomonas infection, and a month or so's worth of treatment with Atopica, and she's cleared up. She had another vet visit yesterday, and tested entirely clear in the ears, though they still looked a bit gunky. The medication is pricey, but it's surely worth it. Gone on the days when there are no oral medications for ear problems. I remember how hard it was to try to medicate Lex, when things hurt so badly. I desperately wished for an oral drug that would remove the need for dumping things in those sore ears. Now we have it.

No flame here, just a comment. Perhaps it's a matter of the breeding of the lemon and whites in your area, Ann.
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets