[Dailydrool] Wetsminster & Pedigree

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 14:31:41 PST 2012

I fed my first Basset Pedigree all his life. Now my dogs are on Pro Plan
(two of them.)
I am NOT ANGRY about what happened at the WKC and my appreciation of the
AKC remains undiminshed so please do not include me in whatever plans are
being made to boycott Purina or send mass letters to  David Frei and the
AKC and WKC.
I am angry that nobody seems to be looking at both sides. All you see is
the Pedigree side, your side, the side you favor. You think it's wrong for
the WKC to change sponsors? That happens to be their choice. They told
Pedigree what kind of ads they wanted, what kind of ads they were PAYING
BIG BUCKS for, and Pedigree refused.
Ok, this is a business at this level, it isn't a hobby. WKC is throwing a
show to show off purebred dogs. Maybe their deep, moral motives suck in
your opinion, but I think they have a right to pay for and get what they
ask for. If this had been any other dog show, nobody would have said a word.
Rescue is wonderful. Every dog deserves a home but that is not what the
Westminster is about. It is about purebred dogs bred to better the breed.
Yes I know, a lot of you think this is the entire problem.But that's
something else.

I believe the kennel club had a perfect right to refuse to go with
advertising they were paying for that they felt did not suit their
interests. I'm tired of hearing that breeders are the problem and that the
AKC doesn't care. They're not cops or the Dept of Agriculture. Half the
puppy mill papers are forgeries.

(Please note: The "you" in this is the editiorial "You" not a specific
person.)

MomPerson to Nigel, Llewis, Conley and Cooper, all AKC registered and proud
of it.