[Dailydrool] Loose Dogs

basetsavr5 at aol.com basetsavr5 at aol.com
Thu Feb 16 17:03:01 PST 2012

Momma here. I just had to comment on all this--I feel so very sorry for our bassets that get rushed/attacked/hurt/scared when out there on a walk they so enjoy. I hope the owners of the PB gets what they deserve.
On the same note--we all know I am all over the place looking at crashed cars for the hound supporting job. Luck has been on my side the past few months, November--I was chased by a German Sheppard and its co-pilot, a King Charles Cavalier. I had left the door open on the company car and made it to safety. December--a loose pitt bull. One foot from my leg-the owner of the car and I piled into the house and got away. Yes the company car sitting right there running and I am locked in with this lady that was afraid as I was. He finally wandered off--or so I thought and I ran for the car only to find he was not traveling alone, there were 2 of them, on the other side of a bush.  January was a golden retriever. The owner let the dog right out and I asked if it was freindly, I seen "the Look", this was not going to end well. Friendly, except I was at this point a enemy. I seen the fur rise as it sniffed my leg--gee, do I smell basset??????--I TOLD the owner to remove the dog. She was not happy, but--uhhhh---I left with both legs intact.
Now last week was Febuarys event. I have been chasing this certain car for weeks and I had finally found it. I pulled up---hmmmmmm. BIG Doberman. Beautiful dog. Huge, but I am not leaving without what I need on this car. The Dobie went back in the garage. I hop out and leave the car running, door open, calculate the distance, yes, I can do this.
Lets put it this way, the Dobie was smarter than the bottle blonde.
Big boy decided if he guarded the open door he had control here. That he did-right at the open door of the car. Yes, he was right, so I thought I would go thru the other door, grab the open door, close it and be safe. Little did I "calculate" my age-the fact that I have to climb over a computer, a console and grab this open door but at this point--no choice. In I go and as I got one leg over the console into the drivers seat I lost my balance and my rumpbone landed on the horn. Yes, I couldn't even make this stuff up. The Dobie moved, I am sure he was rolling with laughter, I finally got the door closed and got my butt off the horn.Sigh.( Now was that a Marlene story or what?). I do know I am a bit shall we say unusual in my work course, but it buys kibble and I also know that one day I wont be so lucky. I know what I go thru and I feel so bad for our hounds that have troubles out there too.

Drool to all in need

Debbie Winchester
PW, OEBE Elder Clara,
Elder Sister Daisy, Brudder Jake