[Dailydrool] Emma aka Cone Sassy

Karrie Kuecker wandereroftheworld at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 19:57:06 PST 2012

Emma came through her surgery really well on Tuesday. Wasn't expecting to
go to the vet & hear she needed $500 worth of surgery; I had a migraine,
and just wanted to drop her off & go to the office... Anyway, she came
through great, had an IV, but we removed the pressure bandage after 24 hrs.
She has a bit of a shaved belly, and stitches going up her skin a ways. The
vet said to call if it 'looks pink,' I was like 'umm, her belly IS pink!'
So far the incision looks really good; though, it's a bit red in one area,
but looks more like a bruise than infected. Can dogs bruise? Should find
out the pathology in awhile, but as the vetman said he removed 'infected
tissue' I'm hoping for more of an infected cyst than a cancerous growth...
but we could use some 'nothing bad' & 'speedy recovery' drool! Many thanks
to everyone who sent drool & gave pointers, this came from out of nowhere,
and being as I was sidelined w/a migraine as well... yeah, it was a really
long day!

--
-Karrie, momma to Joey & Emma, with Slater (ATB), Aunty to Checkers, Domino
& Crispin (wb)

Joey's dogster page: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/637473