[Dailydrool] Purina, etc.

J Marchlewski jan3luski at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 06:08:13 PST 2012

Several years ago I remember the announcer (I think Roger Caras?)
suggested that if you get a purebred dog that you should also get one
from a shelter.  Good suggestion.  Okay I combined that and adopted a
rescued basset hound.

Regarding Nestle Purina, the company donates tons of dog food to local
shelters. Our local humane society hasn't had to buy food because of
Nestle Purina's donations.  They are usually a major sponsor of that
humane society's Bark in the Park annual fundraiser.  You adopt a dog
or cat from this humane society - you get a bag of food.  I guess my
point is that Nestle Purina does care on some level about shelter
dogs.  I can't remember a time that Purina didn't support our humane
society (and I'm not a youngster).  It's not fair to bash Nestle
Purina.

Jan
Lady & Dexter