[Dailydrool] Can't decide. . .

Sally King sallyemking at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Feb 17 10:58:58 PST 2012

When Clara had her lumps removed, the vet made a mistake and only removed 2 of the 3.
Number three is very small; pea-sized.
I wanted it removed with the others so it didn't cause problems in the future, I wouldn't have to put her through the trauma of surgery again and so I didn't have to pay another £500.
The vet rang me today and apologised. Said it was his fault and offered to remove the third lump free of charge.
The two which were removed were benign.
He says there is no problem with giving her another anaesthetic so close and she will only be out for 15 minutes.
Clara is very fit and healthy, but she is almost 8.
I sort of want rid of the lump and am fed up he forgot it, but I really don't know if I should put her through that trauma again.
What would you do if it was your dog?

Sally, with  Rolph and Clara, UK