[Dailydrool] Dangers of flying your dog

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Fri Feb 17 15:45:53 PST 2012

Hi all,

this story broke my heart ... it seems that 50% of the fatalities of flying dogs
last year were on Delta.  Animals stuck on the tarmac in unbearable heat ....
english and fresh bulldogs taken even though it is known that with their facial
construction it is dangerous (3 died even though Delta policy forbids taking
them as cargo).  Animals taken as baggage in June/July/August against policy and
died in the heat .... oh the story goes on and on.

http://shine.yahoo.com/pets/more-pets-died-delta-flights-2011-why-211100693.html

it's a heartbreaking story but one we should all read.  Apparently if we must
fly our dogs we can pay an outragous handling fee and fly them as cargo instead
of baggage and then they will be put in air conditioned vans until the plane is
ready to take off .... did you know this?  I mean, I'm everyone knows I'm
clueless but I didn't know any of this so I am passing it along.

Best,
Dale