[Dailydrool] Lumps & bumps

Jane Hay janewhay at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 06:47:07 PST 2012

Sally, I'd be po'd too but I don't know if I'd put Clara through that
again. I'd ask the vet to do a needle biopsy and then have it removed when
she's having a dental or another procedure done as long as the needle
biopsy is ok. We've had quite a few of Jersey's lumps removed and needle
biopsies on the rest. She has so many that our poor girl would look like
frankendog right now if we had all of them taken care of at the same time!
Sometimes it's ok to leave lumps alone as long as you keep track of them. I
do a full body rub on Jersey every week and I know where every lump and
bump is on our girl and always have needle biopsies done when I find a new
one. At this point we're leaving most of them alone unless they're in a bad
spot that can lead to additional problems.

We have become way too complacent with Ginger, our houndette who loses her
mind every now and then and goes into attack mode. We have followed the
suggestions that Dawn (our trainer) gave us and Ginger has really done
well. We have a good handle on her triggers for the most part but, last
night, I wasn't paying enough attention and she got Jersey. Ginger gets
pretty stressed when the mastiffs come to visit and they spent the day with
us yesterday. She was sleeping and I made sure I got between her and one of
the mastiffs so she wouldn't be startled. Well, I was paying so much
attention to that that I didn't notice Jersey near her and she startled
Ginger. Well, Ginger went into attack mode and got Jersey's nose. Unlike
what she usually does, she bit and wouldn't let go! Poor Jersey was trying
to pull away which I didn't want her to do because I was afraid of tears
and Ginger really held on for a few seconds before I could get her to let
go. Of course, it felt like minutes and probably only lasted for 15 seconds
or less but it scared the crap out of all of us. Jersey's nose has a couple
of puncture spots and bled quite a little bit last night but really looks
good this morning. Ginger has been sucking up to her A LOT so far today. I
still feel like I need a sedative! Ginger has been so good lately that we
really have eased up on some of the rules but I think we need to stop being
complacent with her and get back to basics. I'm telling you, if you could
meet this girl, you would never believe what a vicious, snarling beast she
becomes. I guess I need to keep the memory of the vicious hound in my head
instead of the wonderful, loving girl that she is 99% of the time because
the damage that she can do in those few seconds of viciousness is pretty
scary!

Heart healing and get well drool is being slung to all in need.

Jane & the Houndettes
Jersey, Shadow, Suzy & Ginger