[Dailydrool] Pierre's birthday rapawt, a little long

jacquelynn chazey aerogator27 at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 19 14:26:31 PST 2012

Oh what a day of adventure for young me me me.  I went with Mommy to Weight watchers first thing, and she did OK, better than she expected, but she muttering she gotta try harder.  Mama, I will help you, give me all your food, Bwaaaaaaaaaa Haaaaaaaaaa Haaaaaaaaaa.  Then she went to the nice Micky D's place, and she ordered a whole heap of food.  That was for me, the herd and Auntie Donna.  Mom is on dry toast.
Auntie Donna thought it was her birthday instead of mine with all the food she got to gobble.  Next, I got to go visit Auntie Walli, and the breakfast party rolled there too as Mom got treats for Auntie Walli and my cousins Windy, Flash D, Anna and Toby the Beagle.  I got out of the car to play with Auntie Walli, and of course I rolled for my belly rubs.  Auntie Walli does a fine job of belly rubs.  I didn't play with my cousins because it was time to visit grandma.
On the way, though, we stopped at Uncle Steve's because Mom had some music for him (he is guitar player extraordinaire, and he keeps trying to get Mama to play again, but I keep poking her guitar whenever she tries, Bwaaaaaaaaaa Haaaaaaaaaa Haaaaaaaaaaaa).  Uncle Steve's sister Auntie Patty lives around the corner, and I have play dates with her basset Ginger (BHRA) sometimes, and we would have visited her too, but we just missed her so on we go to visit Grandma.
 I love visiting grandma, but on the way there, we had a small detour.  We were really, really close, and Mom turned down the shortcut by the train station to avoid a light and heavy traffic, and as she made the turn, she spotted a man chasing a dog.  BRAKES, but gently, not to hurt me.  She jumps out of the car, dives into the trunk and takes out MY CHICKEN JERKY.  He was a very skittish, but beautiful, and in good condition, chocolate lab on the run, man chasing, latin neighborhood, no comprendo.  Mom waves the jerky at the lab, and he was really excited, but it distracted him enough to avoid the busy road and the train tracks.  He gave a warning grrrrrrrr to Mom, so I knew she wasn't going to try to touch him, and he didn't get very close except one time to sneak a smell of her butt, Bwaaaaaaaaa Haaaaaaaaa Haaaaaaaaa, and by this time, the lab's daddy was close, and Mom handed the jerky to him.  Silly lab grabbed the jerky and took off again, but dropped it.  Meanwhile, Mom grabbed another piece of MY jerky (and on my birthday, to boot), and she gave it to the man.  Mom also got some of MY liver treats and my training treats and made a patch of treats all over the area to attract that crazy lab.  Another lady showed up and wanted to help, and she went in too fast, too close, and she spooked the lab, so Mom got her to hang back, and then the man was able to grab the lab's harness and then leash.  Whew, I was relieved because I didn't want anything sad like a lost lab or an injured dog on my watch on MY BIRTHDAY.  The man called my Mom an Angel, and I am proud of her, even though she used MY TREATS (and she didn't take me out of the car).
Five minutes later, we pull into the drive of the Nursing home to visit Grandma.  I didn't expect to see my favorite Nurse, Maura, but there she was in the parking lot.  I dropped for belly rubs from her too.  When we get inside, I saw Mr. Nick, one of the residents who is becoming a fast friend.  He is a real animal lover, and he petted me, and petted me, and petted me.  When we got to Grandma's room, she was in a deep and quiet sleep, so we just talked to the nurse for a while and let her be.  I am going back there again tomorrow anyway.  Before we left, we visited Joanna, another one of my resident friends, and she gave me a whole stick of string cheese, and she didn't even eat any of it. I got lots of Happy Birthday wishes, and then, still on my adventure, I got to see Auntie Ginny, who runs my dog school.  She was really busy running an agility trial, but she came out to the car to wish me Happy Birthday anyway.  I jumped out of the car to say hello, and MORE BELLY RUBS!!.
Of course, I had to stop for a cheeseburger, because I was starving again, and then Mom stops at Applebees and buys STEAK!!!  She made me wait for dinner, but me and the herd had sirloin, potatoes and vegetables.  Now we all have full belly's, and we are sleepy.  I know there is a cake for me just waiting, but since I don't want to get fat, I think I will have just a tiny bite of that.  I asked Mommy to not buy me an toys or balloons or stuff I just don't use and save my birthday gift money to donate to rescue hounds who don't have it always so good as me.  Mama said she will do that, and she says I am learning great behavior to think of others not just myself.  I am a happy basset tonight, but I do have one small complaint.  Mama snuck out to go to Staples to buy ink, and she left me for a half hour.  She was supposed to be with me ALL day today.  She said something about not wanting to leave me in the car while she was in the store, so since the day was so nice, I didn't bite her when she came home.
Thank you OBR, thank you Daily Drool, thank you to everyone who sent me Birthday wishes.
Mama wishes healing drool to all in need.
Pierre jr. and I made a ton of it today!!!