[Dailydrool] Important Information

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 20 15:24:36 PST 2012

Hi all, it's Snoopy here,

First off I have some important information which I believe should be widely
known.  There IS a HUGE difference between chocolate cake which is made from
scratch vs chocolate cake which is mixed up from a box.  Definately.  You see,
here at my house Natalie bakes pretty much constantly .... but never from a box.
 She uses containers of stuff and more stuff from the fridge and she melts stuff
and mixes stuff and blends in other stuff and then she stuffs all that in the
oven ..... and then here comes the important part ... when it comes out of the
oven she lets it cool and then frosts it.  Now, being a huge basset .... there
is absolutely no where on the counter you can place a cake where I can't reach
some part of it.  So .... I watch, and I wait and when the moment is right ....
I can usually get about 1/4 to 1/3 of the cake by standing on tippy toes and
sticking my tongue ALL THE WAY out.  It is really wonderful.  And usually
momPerson doesn't even make me puke because it's not that much dark chocolate in
the whole cake and I can only get part of it.  I've mangled bunches of cakes
though.  Nobody wants that last slice on either end for some reason .... anyway

This weekend Julianne dumped a box full of stuff into a bowl and added water and
oil and put it in the oven and cooled it and I waited and watched and saw my
chance ..... and .....um ..... it tasted like the box.  Seriously!!  I stole the
box and checked and there was no difference it tasted just like the box.
 Really.

More later from Snoopy