[Dailydrool] Unusual odor

Sandy W sanwhe47 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 17:19:06 PST 2012

Debbie had a question about the persistent unpleasant odor Bessie has
and wondered if stress could cause it.  Our pit/basset, Thumpy,
definitely emits a very unpleasant musky,skunk-like smell when he is
very stressed/frightened.  He also drops a lot of fur when this
occurs.  He was run over by a pickup truck; he was tumbled under it
and not hit by the wheels.  He was scared but not injured and had the
awful smell for several hours and dropped a lot of fur.  It has
happened one other time but I can't remember the cause.  The other
hounds did react to the odor;  they were mainly really curious.  We're
sending drool you can find a solution
--
Sandy W
Bea, Val, Dora, Willie,Thumpy(the Pit-Basset)