[Dailydrool] In cahoots

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 03:28:20 PST 2012

I rather suspect the Basset is not the one giving the orders.
Here is the cat laying around not doing much and all at once, he's bored,
the way cats do everything ALLATONCE  sometimes instead of
s      t      e     a    l   t     h    i    l    y.
And so cat looks around and he sees Basset doing nothing, looking Bassety,
staring at the food on the counter.
Now the cat thinks, if the dumb dog eats those and the people come, he is
going to get in trouble.
So the cat ambles over and says
"Hey Dum--Dog. Hey dog. wanna treat?" And Cat shoves the pretzels to the
floor. They are not fish or fowl, and they didn't try to run away, so Cat
is not interested in them as a food source.
Dog, however, is.
Cat waits for people to come and send the dog to the Home For Incorrigible
Counter Criusers so that Cat may have some peace and quiet again. (And ALL
the attention.)
But nobody comes during the crime so in the way that cats have, the Cat
shrugs, yawns, sharpens his weapons and says to himself'
"There's always another day, another counter." Leaving the poor, victimized
Basset with the crumbs of evidence......

That's the way it was when we had both Bassets and Cats.
Now the poor Bassets have no one to blame but themselves.

MomPerson to Nigel, Llewis, Conley and Cooper (Who has been known to help
the Bassets to things they cannot reach.)

PS Yesterday we found Conley noisily chewing on a sea shell. Where the heck
did THAT come from (yes I know: a clam. But I mean within the confines of
our sea-less house)?

PPS Please do not write to tell me that clams are freshwater. I know.