[Dailydrool] smelly Bassets

Cheryl Stafford cstaffordmail at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 04:10:50 PST 2012

Hi Debbie
The first thing that popped into my mind of course is there must be
something in the food that is bothering her.  HOWEVER, I know this is
not always true.  Our Radar has a smell.  We call it his stink.  It's
his own personal aroma that he develops about a week after having a bath
(baths are 1 every 4 months here).  As you know I now cook for them full
time but it doesn't matter...he still gets his stink.  Nobody else has it.
This isn't much help to you and Bessie I know but thought I'd share.
It's just who Radar is and we embrace it!!!  He is our special stinky
boy.  I'll be interested to hear what you find out and what works for
you but I must say that I am not sure I want his stink to go away...It
kind of defines his personality as our spoiled rotten little boy!!!
As far as Jake not liking her goes, it took 8 months for Otter and Radar
to decide Mollie the Bloodhound was OK.   And, when we brought Radar
home Otter wouldn't even look his direction for the first 6 months.  Now
with Jefro, he has been welcomed into the fold from day one.  Our hounds
are a crazy bunch.
Good luck.
Take care,
Cheryl