[Dailydrool] Stinky hounds

Jane Hay janewhay at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 05:18:41 PST 2012

I put a good sized tablespoon of low fat vanilla yogurt on the Houndettes
food morning and night. Yes, vanilla for the discerning taste buds in this
house! Someone told me a long time ago that yogurt helps balance their ph
and helps with yeasty ears so we've always done it. Jersey smells bad when
her anal glands need to be checked and of course they all reek if their
ears are bad but you've ruled that out. One of the mastiffs will emit an
awful odor when he's not feeling well. Of course, I don't think they smell
good anyway because they don't have that frito smell that my dogs have so
I'm a little biased. I would try yogurt, Debbie, and see if that helps. We
also throw baby carrots on every one's food in the morning too and that
seems to help with the anal gland issue. Someone recently suggested spoon
sized shredded wheat for anal gland problems so I've been giving that to
the Houndettes as a treat now and then. Our Suzy has a sensitive belly so I
have to be careful about what I give her or she ends up with rip roaring
diarrhea. Your grocery cart will start looking like ours! It seems like we
buy more people food for the hounds than we do for ourselves!

We have gone back to the basics with our Ginger after she attacked Jersey
the other night. It would not be a good thing for her to think she has the
upper hand over Jersey! It's always kind of a balancing act in the house
between the two dominant females. Jersey is a lover, not a fighter and
rules the pack purely with her personality. She's put Ginger on her back a
couple of times over the years but never because they've been fighting.
It's totally been force of personality and I sure don't want Ginger to get
the upper hand.

Please, please continue to vote for CBHR in the Shelter Challenge. They
still have a chance to win a week even if they don't win the state so
please vote for them every day.

The Houndettes are slinging heart healing and get well drool to all in need.

Jane & the Houndettes
Jersey, Shadow, Suzy & Ginger